Thursday, August 30, 2012


Please welcome my sweet friend, Courtney Russell, to my blog. Courtney is the Co-Chair for The Big KnoxVenture Race coming up in October. It is a fun event and myself and KTC have been involved since it's first year. Check out her blog below and hopefully we will see you on October 13!
Kristy

Knoxville’s One-Of-A-Kind Adventure Race—That is for Everyone!

The BIG KnoxVenture Race benefitting Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee

Huge thanks to Kristy for allowing me to write a guest blog post about an event that is near and dear to my heart, the BIG KnoxVenture Race. Maybe you have seen our commercials or ads in the past and thought, “what is that?” or “that is not for me.” I want to tell you a bit about KnoxVenture and why it might be the perfect event for you.
Trust me, if I saw the words “adventure race” and didn’t know anything else about it, I wouldn’t take a second look. I am neither adventurous nor fast (and if you are one or both of those things I applaud that!).

I also suspect that those who participate in some of the local 5ks, 10ks, etc. might think this isn’t for them because it involves more than just running and isn’t a “serious” road race.

KnoxVenture really is tailored to people of all ages and all fitness levels. The 5K course takes you through downtown Knoxville to complete both physical and mental tasks. Some of my favorite teams each year are the parents with their children in strollers. We have everyone there from the Operation Boot Camp Teams that go all out on both their awesome costumes and their speed, to the friends in crazy costumes that just use the time have fun in downtown Knoxville, to the coworkers wearing their company logos and utilizing the event as an opportunity for team building.



Maybe some of the serious runners following Kristy’s blog want to come out and try to give the Operation Boot Camp Teams a run for their money? 


And the BEST part about KnoxVenture is that all the proceeds support Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee and the work they do to provide quality mentoring relationships for children throughout East Tennessee. That is what the day is really about…after the challenges are completed and the race is won, the kids keep winning!


If you and your family, friends, co-workers, church, etc. etc. would like to be a part of this unique, worthwhile and fun event please visit www.KnoxVenture.org. You can also call Holly Kizer at Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee at 865-523-2179.
To learn more about Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee please visit www.BigBrothersBigSistersETN.org.

Thank you all for your time! I hope to see you at KnoxVenture!

Courtney Russell
2012 BIG KnoxVenture Race Co-Chair





         








No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....