Friday, May 9, 2014

What's Next?

I hope you've heard by now but I decided to leave my job in pursuit of more time with the boys and to seek new adventures. I wrapped up this week and am officially without a full-time job.

Almost everyone I have seen since making the announcement has asked me, "What's next?" So, I thought I would answer that here.

What's next? 

I have some plans. First, I am going to play with the kids. Go to the Knoxville Zoo, play at the park, and whatever fun adventures we find. Second, I am going to run. A lot. I haven't been able to run much so far this year and that makes coping with stress and life really challenging for me. So, I am lacing up and hitting the road, trails, and greenways and logging some miles. This also allows me to catch up with lots of my friends so a double win there. Third, I am going to clean my house. Really clean it. Closets and all. 

What's next? 

Get a job. I am looking for jobs and am being very thoughtful about what the next chapter will bring. First, I am getting back to teaching. I am set to start training with a local fitness business next week (will let ya know when I can announce) and hope to start actually leading classes by June. I am also picking up some yoga classes at the local YMCA's. I am sending out resumes. I am setting up interviews. It seems that any job offers won't come until June so I have a few weeks to look for opportunities.

I am also putting out feelers for freelance/project work. I have always wanted to work for myself. Given my background and experience, I want to focus on working with local, small businesses and community groups and helping them with their communications and event planning needs. If you didn't know, I am a whiz at event management and promotion and I think there is a need to help smaller organizations that just need a little push for programming and events. 

What's next? 

Ultimately, I can't really control the future. I have plans and I am positive that things will work out just like they should. We've run financial numbers for a variety of scenarios and are comfortable with each one. I am beyond blessed to know so many wonderful people who have been overwhelmingly supportive of my life changes. I am excited for the future and looking forward to the next chapter in the Altman Book of Life. 

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Excited to see how things work out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes in this next chapter. There's something comforting, mysterious and adventurous about not having it all figured out, eh? See you on the trails. :)

    ReplyDelete

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....