Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Trying to Relax

Admittedly, I am not good at "relaxing" and just taking things one day at a time. Usually, I am chasing kids, working, training, and fulfilling a good number of community service commitments. I purposely gave myself time for a break when leaving my last job and I am *trying* to enjoy the downtime.

I think I am doing okay. Some days are better than others. I have been able to get out and run more in the last two weeks than I have been able to run all year. I have been participating in classes for my next fitness adventure (stay tuned!) and just all around getting in shape again. The last several months have been hard for me and I have had little time for exercise which really explains my irritability, overall stress level, and all around sluggishness.

The kids always keep me on my toes and moving so nothing has changed there. We have been able to actually enjoy a good amount of time together which can be good and bad!

And, I am sending resumes out but only for positions that I would really want and that fall within what I want to do with my career. I am also still talking to several groups about the potential to do some freelance and project work.

I still have a good number of community service commitments too. I am so excited to be serving on two new boards and continuing work on several others. Knoxville is such an awesome place and I am honored to be offered so many outstanding opportunities and am happy to help.

Needless to say, I am still busy but my shoulders are a little more relaxed and the perma-wrinkle in my forehead isn't so obvious right now.

I do have a couple of goals before taking another job and they include writing a little more and beefing up my blog content, cleaning the closets, cleaning up our diet, and getting my running mileage back to a higher number.

With that said, I am going to drink my green smoothie and get started on my closet!

See ya on the roads!


1 comment:

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....