Thursday, February 9, 2012

feel good day!

Today was a feel good day. I feel like I have been terribly behind all year. Right now, we are in full swing in the 2012 race schedule and CHKM prep. Races every weekend (ours or someone else's) and the big daddy coming up on April 1. Add in daily administrative duties, researching sponsors, community initiatives, and the launch of two new programs and my days (into my nights) have been quite long. I'm not complaining, but I like to be organized and I feel like things have been a bit hectic since January 1.

Today was special. I didn't go to any meetings. I turned the phone off. I logged out of the email accounts. I spent the entire morning catching up. I had the day off from running so I grabbed a cup of coffee as soon as the fellas left and got to work.

After lunch, I headed out to get the oiled changed on the Tahoe. The service place had Wi-Fi and in the time I waited on my car, I was able to knock my inbox down from roughly 90 (valid) emails to 40ish in one of my email accounts. I hit up the Target for an rare solo trip. I was able to take my time and pick up a few items that I have been forgetting in previous visits.

Jason took Little Altman to Oak Ridge so I had bonus quiet time for working. I got more items knocked off the to-do list. I had time to make dinner and was able to put together the Tommy Big Loader for Little Altman to play with before we ate. I even got a load of laundry done today.

Today was a good day. I still have a lot to do. A lot. But, days like today help me regroup and remember that it can all be done. Now, I am gonna check a few more emails, watch Swamp People, eat a mini cupcake, and head to bed. Tomorrow is a big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....