Sunday, January 29, 2012

Loving a cup of coffee

All is quiet. For now. Jackson is sleeping and Altman has headed out for his MOC meeting. Soon, the house will be full of noise and movement again but for now, I am having a cup of coffee.

This is one of the few things that I miss about pre-baby life. I don't remember life before Little Altman and honestly, it couldn't have been nearly as fun as it is now. But, I miss being able to sit down on a Sunday afternoon, after my run and breakfast, and having two or three cups of coffee. These days, I wait until nap time happens. Sometimes, I take a nap so I don't get my quiet coffee time.

I like this time because I can turn on junk TV, grab a cup, and just sit for a minute. Yes, there is a huge pile of laundry to be folded and more in the washer and dryer. And yes, I could probably wipe down the counter tops in the kitchen or sweep the floors or do some work.

Yes, I could do those things but I won't. When Jackson wakes up, I can do them while he plays trains. For now, I am going to find the remote and pour myself another cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....