Monday, February 20, 2012

Turn that frown upside down

I should be happy. I want to be happy. I hate being negative. Even a little bit negative. I like being happy even during tough times.

My husband loves me. My kid loves me. My family loves me. I should be so very happy.

I had a great weekend with the fam and spent time in the mountains. I didn't answer the phone (couldn't anyway because there was no service) or check email. I should be so very happy.

I have a job that I love and I have the most amazing opportunities to meet people. I should be so very happy.

I am healthy and the sun was out today so I should be so very happy.

No one is sick, the cars start everyday, and there is food in the fridge. I should be so very happy.

I have been seeking and reading and posting inspirational and motivational quotes trying to keep my positive outlook but today, I would like to just punch something or someone. Yep, it is true. How's that for honesty?

Am I mad at anyone or anything in particular? Not really. I am frustrated with circumstances and people. I am frustrated with things and people and situations that I cannot control.

I feel selfish when my mood is bad. I feel ungrateful when I am not finding the positive in everything. I have a four or five blogs that I have written and not posted because I feel like someone might judge me for being in a bad mood. I feel like complaining is just wrong.

Tomorrow will be fine. I will wake up and run and the sun might shine again and hopefully my bad mood will be gone. If not, well tough. Life goes on. I will go to Jackson's parent/teacher conference (yes, in pre-school) and I will give my presentation about health and wellness to a room filled with restaurant managers. I will finish an article I am writing for a regional magazine and I will write at least two media releases. Life will go on and I will get out of this funk.

I am probably allowed to be in a bad mood once in awhile but I would prefer to just be very happy.




1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you, Kristy. In fact, a couple of my own posts have been about the same malaise (feel free to visit if you want some commiseration) . . . . I think it has a little bit to do with the time of year.

    If it's a day-brightener, know that I really enjoy your posts . . . . They (and you) are inspiring.

    --Anne / shadowwonder

    ReplyDelete

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....