Saturday, June 20, 2015

Randomness

Random thoughts on a Saturday afternoon...all very random and in no particular order of importance.

Baby gorillas are cute. Very cute.

Being at the Zoo in a torrential downpour isn't really that much fun.

Karson likes Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches. We may never get Oreo out of his shirt.

Only my kids would be on the train at the Zoo when it derails and runs off the road. Yep. That happened today. No one was hurt.

Two years ago today, I found out that Karson would have to be delivered C-Section. I cried. A lot. Then I cried more. Turns out, it wasn't so bad and I recovered just as quickly as I did with Jackson.

Jackson is really (really with an exclamation point) into numbers these days. While I admire his eagerness to learn addition and subtraction and all things numerical, I am not a numbers person. He counted from 900 to 1000 on the way to Target. My head hurts. A lot.

Buying a house and selling a house is hard.

Packing is really hard.

Buying a house, selling a house, and packing while working full-time plus, chasing two kids, trying to rehab my hip, and keep up with my other community commitments is hard. Worth it in the end but still hard.

I can't wait for the move to be completed.

I am glad we aren't moving ourselves. Moving companies are awesome (I hope).

My left hip is the bane of my existence. It would be good if my pelvis would stay in its' place and the muscles around it weren't so angry all the time. I don't care anymore whether or not I can run a marathon this fall (the answer is likely no) but I would like to relieve stress through some running. And soon (see above random thoughts).

Through all of the randomness, I have the best husband that a gal could ask for who is also the best father that I know. I hope both kids grow up to be just like him.

See ya on the trails!



No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....