Wednesday, May 27, 2015

It is the end of May. I have no idea how that happened....Okay, that's a lie. I do know how we got here - I just can't believe that we are here.

In less than a month, my "baby" will be 2. In less than two months, my first "baby" will be 6. My heart overflows with joy but aches at the same time as they grow up. They are great kids. They are handsome and both are very, very smart. And they are funny. They make me belly laugh daily and it takes a lot to make me actually belly laugh.

It's been a wild year. Not just 2015 but summer 2014 to now. I left a job, started a business, and went back to KTC. We went through major life changes and major life situations.

I went from feeling fairly lost and not feeling like myself to remembering who I am and what's important in life to me (and hopefully) settling into a groove.

KTC does good work. KTC isn't just road or trail races. KTC is a community organization doing good things. I am looking forward to the remainder of the year when we roll-out programming that will ultimately help our community. Physical well-being is key. It is important for our physical, mental, and emotional selves and we need to put a higher priority on it and KTC plays a big role in that for so many companies, schools, and individuals and I am excited to see how things unfold.

Personally, in the last year, I maintained and maybe even renewed some lifelong friendships, found that other friends seemed to drift away, and have made some great new friends. I've been humbled by the support of so many who have encouraged me along the way.

I have also found a renewed urge to change some lifestyle habits. I signed up for a fall marathon and am incorporating core work and yoga into my weekly routines again.

Most importantly, in the last year, I have found that I am very proud of myself. I am juggling a lot of balls in the air so to speak. Some days, things fall right into place and other days, I struggle to get by.

That's life. I am busy. There is no way around it. I created the schedule, I said yes, and now I want to fulfill my commitments because that is who I am. I want to help and never hinder.

I am proud to teach my kids about hard work. And, I am proud to show them what it means to give back to the great community that has given so much to Jason and me.

I am proud of myself for pursuing my passions and being the best person that I can be. I am excited for the next chapters. I am excited for new adventures and new relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....