Friday, May 8, 2015

Every Run is a Lesson

It has been a long time since I have regularly run long runs. I am literally building from the ground up again and essentially starting over.

I haven't trained for a distance run since before I was pregnant with Karson. I have been busy growing the family, taking care of the kids, building my career, serving our community, and being a wife. It hasn't been a priority but I feel like now is the time. This is the year.

Well, I did feel that way when I registered for a fall marathon. However, since clicking submit, every run has been a challenge.

Admittedly, I usually have a 2 to 3 week period in May/June when every run is terrible. Acclimating to the heat is awful for me.

I must be in that time period. Each run this week was worse than the one before. If I could have bailed on my 7 miler this morning then I would have - except I had to get back to my car and hitch hiking down Neyland wasn't really an option.

Before leaving this morning, Jackson was a playing a game and getting so upset because he couldn't get past a certain point. I told him to keep trying. Keep practicing. Don't give up easily. You'll figure it out....

Today's run didn't go well. That's life. If it is the worst thing that happens today then I am lucky. There are more runs to come and I will keep trying. Keep practicing. I won't give up and I will figure it out. The goal is to cross the start line and cross the finish line this fall. This is just part of the journey to get there.

See ya on the roads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....