Sunday, March 31, 2024

Back to It

I started this blog many years ago, highlighting life as a wife, mom, and professional. Like many things that happen when you juggle everything, you let a ball or two or three drop. Writing was one of the first things to go. But I miss it, and it's time to get back to it. 

I have been working to lighten my load outside my responsibilities as a wife, mom, and Vice President at work. 

As I head into spring, I'll finish my tenure as board president for two nonprofit organizations. I've resigned from a national-level board in the blood industry to cut back on travel. I am in my final season of coaching at Sacred Heart Middle School. 

What will I do with all this time? 

I'm glad you asked! One of the other balls that has dropped in the last 10+ years is taking care of myself. I've put on a good show of working out and trying to maintain some level of physical fitness, but my coach will tell you that I've put everything else in life before my own health and self. 

She's right.

So, I am putting more time into myself. My word this year is consistency. I will consistently show up and try to follow my food plan, workout plan, and goal of being present for my family. Realistically, we only have about 8-10 years of the boys being home. I don't plan to miss a thing. 

I'm also working on setting some big goals for training for the next year and beyond. I may never be fast again, but I bet that I am just stubborn enough that I can go far for long periods. 

I hope you'll follow along and see what life brings to the Altman fam. For now, I'll get back to prepping for this live coverage for the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....