Wednesday, May 8, 2024

It's Over...And I'm Not Sad

Based on my Facebook feed, tons of kids have had the MOST AMAZING middle school experience. They made lifelong friends, had a great time in and out of school, and had so much fun that mom and dad's hearts all over Knoxville are bursting with happiness. 

My heart is bursting with happiness, too. That's because it's over. ✌🏻to middle school, and I couldn't be happier. A literal weight has lifted from my shoulders. 

There is not one iota of sadness that we are leaving this chapter behind, and all I can do is pray that "they" are right and that high school is better. 

The eldest is kind, an old soul, smart, funny, and athletic. He will care about your feelings even if you look him in the eye and make fun of him. 

He's never made friends easily, but by golly, he's made a ton of nonfriends in the last three years. The bullying was so bad at BMS that we moved him, thinking that would be the answer to our problems and prayers. 

It wasn't. I witnessed kids purposefully leaving him out of activities and making it obvious to everyone around them that they were leaving him out. 

He's not a perfect human, but he also doesn't understand the "middle school" kid mentality. He's not disruptive or silly and definitely doesn't break the rules, making him a bit unlikeable. 

As we look ahead, there is excitement. The West atmosphere reminds me a lot of our Rocky Hill Family. He'll be reunited with elementary school friends, the few friends he made at Bearden Middle, and many running friends. 

Things will never be perfect. He will never be perfect. 

Heck, as an adult, I've been bullied (not often because I don't take crap from people), and there are a lot of folks out there who just don't like me, but I just don't care. 

I hope the next four years provide him with a rewarding experience that leaves him with good memories. I hope he finds his place and that when we fast forward to his senior year, I am an emotional mess about all he'll be leaving behind. πŸ˜‰

For now, we'll celebrate summer and spend time buying all the navy and red clothing we can find! 

Hugs and love and see you on the roads! K ✌🏻🫢


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Over...And I'm Not Sad

Based on my Facebook feed, tons of kids have had the MOST AMAZING middle school experience. They made lifelong friends, had a great time in ...