Monday, January 14, 2013

Special Addition

If you haven't heard, The Altman Family will welcome our 4th member this summer. We've tried to be more guarded this time around and keep it to ourselves. I understand that the information has innocently been leaked by a few folks before we could really make the announcement. That's okay. Life goes on.

Let's first address something that some of you may be thinking. No, I did not quit my job at KTC because I am pregnant. If you know me at all, you know that I like to work and that I certainly don't shy away from hard work while growing a child inside my body (think Fast 40 dash when I was 33 weeks pregnant and I worked most of the day for Fireball that year even though I was supposed to be resting). I am leaving KTC for many, many reasons but being pregnant is not one of them.

Second, my apologies for the lies about running. Nope. You won't see me lacing up my flats anytime soon. Heck, you may not see me lacing up my trainers anytime soon. I hope you understand the little white lies. You know me as a runner. However, I am more like a run/interval kind of gal these days. I am enjoying a lot of time on the elliptical and a lot of time doing yoga and lifting weights. 

We are thrilled about our newest addition. He is due on July 15 and yes, the ultrasound tech is pretty positive it is a boy. He gave us a great show at the 12 week ultrasound.

We have been wanting to add to the family for a good deal of time but life factors have prevented us from getting pregnant. In late 2011, we had gotten positive pregnancy tests and were thrilled only to have that pregnancy not work out. It was devastating. So, this time, we have been very cautious. I am still very anxious and although the ultrasounds and blood work look great, I won't be fully relieved until I hold him in my arms.

So, if you see me around, yes, I have gained weight. I don't really have a choice and am actually so happy to be able to fit into some maternity wear now because my regular clothes stopped fitting weeks ago.

I told you, 2013 is going to be a great year for me and meeting our new little guy is just one way to make that statement true. Stay tuned for some blogs on exercising while pregnant, starting a new job (I hope!) while pregnant, and juggling all of that life has to offer this year.

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....