Sunday, January 20, 2013

No two are the same..........

So, "they" say no two pregnancies are the same.

"They" are right. I had a fairly uneventful pregnancy with Jackson until the end. The little guy decided he was ready to see the world and tried to come at 33.5 weeks. He was successfully stopped (for a moment) and made his debut at 36.5 weeks. Other than that and heartburn, things were pretty smooth.

I didn't even really worry when we saw the club foot at a mid-pregnancy ultrasound and knew that correcting it was going to be a long haul. After talking to his future pediatric orthopedic doc, I was calm about the whole thing.

I am not sure if I notice more stuff this time around but I am definitely more anxious. I've discussed it with several friends and I think it is probably because I know how great a beautiful, healthy child is and maybe I am more anxious because I am older this time. Either way, I am totally unsettled with this one.

I consider myself to be fairly tough. I don't mind running in the rain and cold (sometimes at the same time). I don't mind running on ice or in the snow. I worked from the hospital the day Jackson was born. I ran 7 days after he was born. When I was in college, I slept outside, in the cold, on concrete to get football tickets (yes, I am old and at one time, we had to do those things). I worked 23 hours straight on a football Saturday once. You get the picture...I try to do my thing, not whine, and get stuff done. I've always wondered about the women who have had terrible pregnancies and I felt bad for them....little did I know.....

Pregnancy number two has been hard for me so far. I have been terribly sick. The nausea has been almost debilitating on some days. I have done my best to hide it and in turn have done a lot of complaining and whining to Altman and my closest friends. (sorry bout that...love you guys!)

I was sick all night last night. I didn't sleep well and was nauseous from the time I laid down until this morning. I am still sick. I took a two hour nap already and still don't feel good. I will hit the grocery store and probably nap again. Likely there is no workout in my future for today. If I thought it would make me feel better then I would do it but I don't see that with how I feel today. That is okay. Baby come first in this instance.

Pregnancy is crazy. I thought I knew it. I knew I would be tired. I knew I would have heartburn. I knew my pace would slow down but anticipated that my mileage would still be decent. I knew that I would eat more. I knew that my belly would get big and round near the end.

Honestly, I don't know pregnancy #2 at all. I am 15 weeks in and every day is a new adventure and I just wait to feel/see whatever will happen next...some articles and professionals say the nausea should stop around 12 weeks (that obviously didn't happen) and lots of people that I know say that they didn't feel better til after 14, 16, 17, or 18 weeks. I will keep you posted. For now, I need to buy groceries and play with my toddler. Happy Sunday.



1 comment:

  1. My daughter had a clubfoot also! My second daughter did not. It's true about the second pregnancy being harder though, both my pregnancies were fairly easy but the second one was way more challenging. It's extra true that each baby is different too! My second daughter is the polar opposite of big sister.

    Good luck on your pregnancy... I feel for you sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....