Saturday, October 21, 2017

Cheers to 41!

In less than 48 hours, I will leave 40 behind for 41. Party on.

40 was a year similar to every other year of my life (and probably yours too). There was good and bad and laughter and tears. There were days when I thought I wouldn't make it to bed time and others where I hoped the day would never end. That's life.

Overall, I give 40 a thumbs up.

The kids are growing and both are so very funny and smart and kind. They have their moments (we should never spend any time in one hotel room together - ever) but we are certainly blessed. The hubs is healthy and still my biggest fan and I continue to love him more each day.

I have a renewed perspective and outlook on life. Maybe that comes with age.

The biggest thing during my year of 40 was that I left a job that I loved but realize now that it was not a good fit me anymore. It was very stressful and very toxic for me personally.

And, because of the stress, I did what every mom does - I stopped making myself a priority and did all the things for all the people and the job.

I know better now.

I love, love, love my new job and my new work family. I love connecting people and I love learning so much about our great little community. I have always loved Knoxville but these last few months have helped me fall in love with it all over again. I have met the most amazing people in just a few months and I can't wait for work each day.

I have to admit that I am in the worst shape that I've been in for 10 years including two pregnancies and post-pregnancy body.

BUT, that's over. I've been seeing Andy Baksa at Results Physiotherapy (he's a long-time friend and is not paying me to say this) and I have hope. I am optimistic. I've had injury after injury after injury. I've had back pain for months now. Because of Baksa, my back doesn't hurt and I am equipped with exercises to keep it strong AND to strengthen my hip to keep the bursitis under control.

Starting with 41, I'm getting back in shape. I don't know if that means running or lifting or yoga and I'll let my body decide but the extra weight is on its way out.

I've always hear that your 40's are the best years and I have to say, if 40 was an indication of what is to come then I am pumped.

See ya on the roads!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....