Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Timing is Everything and Looking Ahead...

If you didn't see my Facebook post last night or if you missed the KTC email yesterday, I have accepted an offer to serve as the Interim Executive Director for the Knoxville Track Club through March.

It was unexpected but the timing is perfect.

I have been perfectly happy this summer and fall building my consulting business and taking some much needed time to think about the future. I have been blessed to have had great success in the business early and have been working with several steady clients on some awesome projects.

Then life happened. The outgoing KTC Director was offered a position in his original professional field that he just could not refuse. Good for him and for his family. I am thrilled for him. He has done a great job over the last 18 months and leaves on great terms.

So what is next?

I will serve as the Interim ED through March and I will continue to work with my clients through Altman Consulting.

What happens with permanent ED position for KTC????

The KTC Board will open the position to the public (it will be posted ASAP). I will have to apply just like everyone else. I have my resume and reference list ready to roll when the position is posted. If the committee likes my resume and current credentials then I will participate in the interview process. Ultimately a committee of the Board will decide on the next Executive Director.

I want them to choose me. I want the opportunity to come back to a job that I loved and work with the people that mean so much to us.

I appreciate the texts, emails, and Facebook posts in the last 24 hours welcoming me back. It reminds me that saying yes was the right answer and submitting my resume is a good move forward.

For now, I have details to finalize for a little race coming up on Thanksgiving Day. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. congrats!!!! welcome back! so excited for you and hoping that this will become a permanent thing for you! *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....