Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Rambling Thoughts on a Snowy Day...

Some rambling thoughts on this cold, snowy day....

1. Bursitis is terrible. It is especially terrible when the cortisone shot stops working and you have to wait a week to get another.

2. Resume, cover letter, reference list, and recommendation letters have been submitted for the KTC Executive Director position. Now, I wait to see if I am selected for an interview and then hopefully for the job. Happy thoughts. Positive vibes.

3. Yesterday was World Prematurity Day. Both boys were slightly early. I can vividly remember the call from the doctor's office telling me to come to the hospital at 33 weeks pregnant because they thought I was in labor with Jackson. Turns out, I was. With meds and steroids, they sent me home and we managed to keep him cooking until 36 weeks. He is still impatient. I had progesterone shots starting at week 17 with Karson. We knew that once we stopped them, I would go into labor. I did. I had an unexpected C-Section (footling breech) and my strong willed second child spent time in the NICU. Still, we are blessed that they were able to come home so quickly.

4. Karson gets tubes in his ears tomorrow. This is our second kid surgery in 4 months. This one isn't as major as Jackson's but I won't breath a sigh of relief until he is back in my arms and sticking his finger up my nose or giving me that mischievous smile.

5. It is going to be a long winter if it is snowing already in Knoxville.

6. There is a 9 ft. Christmas tree in my family room that I need to finish decorating. Every time I try to add ornaments, Karson takes them off.

7. I am on day two of returning to my gluten free diet. I felt better when I was gluten free previously and the hip problem disappeared.

8. My to-do list is two pages so I should get to work. :)

See you on the roads!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....