Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sense of Calm

I am sitting at the kitchen table with work covering the entire surface. I sat down here and never made it to the desk. I am happily busy and don't really have time to write this but the urge struck and I am taking a work break just for a minute.

It just hit me. This is EXACTLY where I am supposed to be and this is EXACTLY what I am supposed to be doing right now in this life.

It is never easy to leave a job. It is definitely not easy to leave a job without another lined up. When you have two kids and a mortgage, it is even harder.

I looked at a few jobs and did some interviews but my gut kept telling me that I needed to work for myself. In addition, other people kept telling me the same thing. Without being prompted, I had so many people mention that I should start my own business. I don't know their reasons for throwing it out there but after so many comments, I started to feel at ease with it.

Thank you to everyone who gave me a little push and for believing in me and seeing something in me. Thank you to Jason for supporting me and believing in me.

I have no idea what things will look like in a year from now but right this minute, I have this sense of calm about my decision. I am optimistic that I will be successful. Not in the financial sense (although that would be great too) but in a way that says that I can really help people and our community and really make an impact doing something that I love.

Now, back to work. My new boss is a total slave driver! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....