Saturday, March 17, 2018

Prepping for #CHKM2108 Week

Today is Saturday. I think. My days have been off for over a week and taking off some time last week didn't help my cause.

But, I am pretty sure today is Saturday and this time next week, the Covenant Kids Run will be underway. What the hay??? How did we get here again?

As usual, I have spent the last three months excited, frustrated, ready for race weekend, and ready for race weekend to be over.

Each year presents a new set of challenges. Some years, I have been the KTC ED. Other years, I have been member of the Marathon Organizing Committee with no title. We could make one up...Jack of All Trades Captain. Herds Cats Captain. Puts Out Fires Captain. Or, we could just say I am a volunteer. ;)

All that said, since 2007, I have been the wife of the marathon director for better or worse and until death do us part.

So we are here. Just a week out and I spent most of today prepping for the week and trying to love on the boys as much as possible. When we wake up on Monday, there is no rest for the weary and no breaks for any of us.

Today, I have done:
-Two loads of dishes
-Currently on load 5 of laundry with 3 more to go either tonight or tomorrow -> that includes folding and putting things away
-Written the grocery list
-Gone to the grocery store and put away all the groceries
-Did 45 minutes of yoga
-Played cars
-Made chili
-Cut up carrots, cucumbers, and peeled oranges for the week
-Made green cupcakes with green icing and green sprinkles
-Refereed 1,000,001 fights and probably have a few to go

We still need to eat and I still have research to do for my work next Sunday as the race analyst for CHKM/WBIR. I need to assemble a notebook and make sure I have stats and information ready for live TV.

I *think* we are ready. I have poured a glass of prosecco and we'll eat in just a bit and watch our Vols play basketball.

We have plenty of food for the week and shouldn't have to cook. We should be able to grab and go all week and stay fed without eating fast food. I've looked at the schedule and set aside time every day to workout.

It's going to be a wild one and I'm sure there will be tears and laughter and more memories made for the Altman Family.

See you out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....