Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow

I'm a pretty happy gal most of the time. Sometimes, I just get worn down and worn out. I'm there right now and I'd like my normal self back.

We've established that I love my kids and my husband. I really do. With that said, everyone in our family functions so much better when we have a routine and when we aren't together every day for long periods of time with little (if any) break from one another. I'm pretty sure that between the boys, Altman, the three dogs, and the cat that I haven't had one full minute alone in weeks.

Yesterday was special. For the first time since December 22, both children went to school. They went late but they went. Unfortunately, I was out most of the day for meetings but it was a start. Today was similar. Morning meeting then home for lunch then afternoon meeting.

But tomorrow.....

I keep at least one day per week with zero meetings. "No Meeting Monday" is a staple for me. However, school was out on Monday so there may have been no meetings but there were also kids hovering around the house and it did not count.

So tomorrow.....

I have no meetings scheduled tomorrow and unless a tornado blows through here this afternoon or tonight or another crazy situation happens, I do believe that both of my kids will go to school and I will have my space back.

I can run, throw on yoga pants and a t-shirt, drink hot coffee and get all the work done. In my space. Without someone asking to watch YouTube or fighting over toys or asking for something. I can't stop the dogs from following me around but they don't speak so that's a plus for them.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow. Please be the day that I need!

Now, I'm off to pray that I didn't just jinx myself and ruin my perfect tomorrow. :)

See you on the roads and trails!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....