Saturday, March 16, 2013

Oh Happy Day!

I hope when you read this, you have been outside in the BEAUTIFUL weather. Wowza. What a day. The only thing is missing is the ability to have a glass of wine on the back porch this evening but hey, I can do that again in July. I suppose I will have lemonade instead today.

I truly think that weather has such an impact on people and their attitudes. Everyone seems so happy and friendly today.

Jackson is snoozing now and I need to wake him up. He played so hard today that I am sure he is exhausted.

We met Jason at the park so that I could run and they could play. I had a great run with a friend and did 3 in 29 minutes. That does count the walk breaks - and yes, there were several. And no, I am not trying to hit a certain pace. I am just letting my body tell me when to walk or stop or run.

After a family lunch, Altman took off to paint green arrows around the city and we headed home.We changed clothes and hit another park where Jackson promptly made a new friend.

His new little friend was a 5 year old who was a bit a bossy. My cool kid played well and when the bossy kid wanted him to do something that was out of his ability then Jackson redirected. When the kid got extra bossy, Jackson said, "Nope, don't want to do that." Happy day for mommy. I hope my kid is always strong enough to say no when something doesn't seem right to him. It might sound like an exaggeration but if he won't be bullied on a playground at 3.5 then hopefully he'll be the same when some kid is shoving pills or whatever in his face in 10 years.

Next up, maybe walking the dogs and then hitting the grocery store. It has been a crazy long, hectic week and I needed a low stress day to re-energize. This has been that day. I am very much enjoying the new schedule and being able to spend more time with Jackson (and Altman as soon as the CHKM is over).

Today is a happy day. The goal in 2013 is to recognize every single day the things that make me happy. There are many and it is easy to get busy and wrapped up in life and forget to really recognize our blessings. I am blessed with a healthy and happy child, a healthy and happy husband, and a healthy (and hopefully happy) growing child, and I am also healthy and happy. I am blessed with some awesome opportunities and looking forward to great things to come.

Oh happy day. Now get back out there and enjoy this fabulous Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Riley wasn't the bossy kid! Sorry I missed you guys. That weather was definitely needed!

    ReplyDelete

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....