Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Day

Ever had one of those days? From start to finish, today was a day.

I went to the allergist this morning. It is no secret that I have been sick fairly often for the last few months. I have always had sinus and allergy problems but they seem worse this year.

I wondered why I hadn't received a reminder call or paperwork for my initial visit. Turns out, they had me "scheduled" but didn't have me down for a time. Awesome. After 20 minutes of trying to figure out what to do with me, they decided to get me in. Thanks.

I was there almost 4 hours. No joke. Chat with doctor, test, itchy mess, talk to nurse, more testing, talk to nurse, talk to doctor, make an appointment to start what seems to be lifelong allergy shots because I am allergic to EVERYTHING, make a return check-up appointment, and finally check out.

I took the prescription to Walgreen's. She said to give them an hour. Three hours later when I returned, they had forgotten to enter it or fill it. I had to wait. That made me late to pick up Jackson. Awesome.

I got to Jackson's school and he was awake but he was "post nap angry Jackson." Awesome.

Jackson's teacher wanted to talk to me about his bowel movement. Seems his medications' are giving him a bit of runny poop. Awesome.

We went to Target. As we were leaving, the skies opened up and literally soaked us while we tried to get to the car. Awesome. My shoes dyed my feet purple. They weren't meant to get wet. And yes, after cleaning them multiple times, they are still purple.

And, I spent a good deal of money at Target and didn't get a darn thing that is fun. Awesome.

Hurricane Jackson hit the house and there are toys everywhere. No need to clean up. He will just blow back through tomorrow.

Cleaned Jackson after two more runny poops. Don't get so grossed out. He went in the toilet but you just can't wipe a kid like he needs to be wiped when he is sitting on the toilet. (And yes, I know that he is going to hate me for writing these things in a few years. Oh well.) (And, yes, I realize that some of you don't care about his bowel movements. If that is the case, just don't read my blog.)

I was going to make Jackson a drink and knocked the whole cup of water over. On myself. I went to get a straw for my water and it had a hole in it. I let Fritz out and when he came back in, he took his muddy paws and put them all over the walls.

Other high notes...I have something like 10 phone calls to return tomorrow. I did get an article written for Footnotes but I am about a week behind the deadline. I did not get to exercise today unless you count the plank poses and tricep dips that I did while Jackson played bubbles in the bath tub. I am getting to watch the Oregon game on TV. (that last one really is a plus)

Yes, these are tiny, irrelevant little things in the grand scheme of life but they just made the day more of a day. We aren't hurt and we are mostly healthy. I am whining but hey, if I can't whine to you guys then who can I whine to these days?

The good news is that tomorrow is a new day. See you then.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....