Thursday, July 28, 2011

Observations and questions from a day on the run...

I spent a lot of time driving today.  I had business meetings in Pigeon Forge and Townsend and scheduled them specifically on the same day so I could just get through them all at once.  So, I spent a lot of time in the car...
I discovered that the Knife Museum in Sevierville is really, really busy.  I have no idea why.  What is the importance and significance of a Knife Museum.  Are knives really that popular???
Traffic going to Pigeon Forge is crazy.  Just crazy.  If you plan to visit, plan some extra time for traffic.  Does anyone work?  Are all of those folks on vacation?
I couldn't find a drive through Starbucks in Pigeon Forge.  There could have been one but I could not find it.  In a touristy place like PF, there should be 2 or 3 drive through Starbucks.  Luckily, I found a fabulous little coffee shop in Townsend at Trillium Cove to serve up a Latte with sugar free Vanilla Syrup (don't make fun...I hate coffee and this is the only way I can drink it).
I took Wears Valley Road from PF to Townsend.  Why is it that a guy passed me on a double yellow line when I was driving 45 (the speed limit) only to get behind the other 5 cars in front of us?  He didn't pass anyone else.  I wonder if my running sticker was offensive?   And, why did the guy in the SUV in front of me feel the need to pass a car in a blind curve only to get behind 3 other cars?  Why would someone do that?  Where did they think they were going?  Just wondering.
There are a LOT of motorcycles heading to and from the mountains.  I hope they are all careful on The Dragon.
There were a LOT of Mazda Miata's (spelling?) heading to and from the mountains.  A lot.  Really.
Alcoa Highway heading back to K-town was soooo busy.  Where is everyone going?
The meetings were fantastic and I got a lot accomplished today.  Now, on to the next event tonight.  Maybe I will see some fun things there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHKM Week - It's Here! It's Here!

We've been experiencing marathon week in some shape or form for 20 years. Altman ran the full marathon the first year, and I ran the 5K....